Monday, April 22, 2013

God is in control...

Remember, TODAY, To praise God for His love, grace and mercy and to hug those close to you. Our recent ordeal with the truck crash, (For those of you just hearing about this everyone is ok) has been used by God to do several things. It has allowed our little church to grow in faith, has pushed our preacher to live an even more victorious life even though he is already a strong Christian; he is a man out of the boat. And it has caused us to remember what really counts in this life. 
As we were loading the truck I looked at Tiffany and said, "that’s every possession they have in this world". They had much less than a truck load, a five member family. No sooner had I said this, I heard Medi say to a little girl by her, "they have so much stuff, look, they have 5 beds!".
I thought how hard Pastor Jaun Carlos had worked for these few possessions and how much they must mean to him. I had no idea how soon we were going to find out what he thought about them and how much he loved them. 
About ten minutes later we were in a creek with 10 people scattered on the ground and not sure who was hurt or the extent of their injuries and I heard two things that re-focused me and reminded me who I am and where I need to be. One of the people, with in the first minute, said to the Pastor so much of your stuff is broken and he said it’s only stuff, the important thing is that all things are in the hands of God. He will take care of this. He gathered the two conscious members of his family in his arms and sat on a rock and began to pray. I went and checked on his wife and other child as they were beginning to move. The wife had a broken wrist and dislocated shoulder and thank God the daughter was only bruised. I then saw the preacher comforting a new believer that was crying because he couldn’t find the shoulder bag that had his bible in it, "if it gets wet, if it does I can’t read my bible, I need my bible." He was next to his wife who was injured and fading in and out of consciousness. We got the bag and the bible is was not wet. 
They say that in the time of crisis our true colors come through, I so hope that is true. I have been reminded that I need to, in the storms, remember who holds me in their hands and who to cling to when there is absolutely nothing I can do about my situation. 

Thank you God, for looking after us and teaching us to sing even when we are in the rain. Lord, give your peace and comfort to those who live in helplessness.

No comments:

Post a Comment